Let’s be honest, your smile makes you frown. You’ve got a few chipped teeth, staining from all the coffee you drink, and short teeth that leave gaps in your grin. You want to upgrade your pearly whites, but you don’t want braces – and they wouldn’t fix the discoloration or chips anyway. You wish there was a way you could treat everything at once, rather than going through multiple procedures. Luckily for you, porcelain veneers can address these issues in with a single treatment method. The team at Westside Dental Associates, your award-winning cosmetic dentist in Los Angeles, educates you on this durable, natural-looking upgrade in this post.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Dr. Les Latner explains that veneers are thin, yet durable shells of porcelain that are permanently bonded to the front side of your existing teeth. They’re the ideal solution to address many common cosmetic dental issues with one treatment.
What Issues Do Porcelain Veneers Correct?
This upgrade addresses many different aesthetic and functional dental problems, including:
- Discolored Teeth – Since you pick the shade of porcelain and bonding agent, you can make your teeth as radiant as you like. These are especially great if you have staining from medications like tetracycline antibiotics.
- Chips – Veneers camouflage nicks in your teeth, restoring the perfect, symmetrical shape to each tooth.
- Gaps & Alignment Issues – Have gaps or only moderately misaligned teeth but don’t want braces? Veneers can address these problems and make your smile perfectly straight.
- Short Teeth – It is common for some teeth to be shorter than others, and veneers are a great way to add length and ensure your teeth make proper contact when chewing.
- Misshapen Teeth – Teeth can vary naturally in their shape and appearance, and veneers are an excellent solution to correct the way your dentitions are formed.
Why Are Porcelain Veneers The Right Choice For Me?
Our experts advise that this treatment method is the optimal solution for patients who match the following descriptions:
- You want a long-lasting solution. Research has shown that porcelain veneers last up to twenty years – with proper care, this upgrade can last decades.
- You want something natural looking. Wonder how celebs get their red-carpet ready smiles? Porcelain veneers provide such a great result, many stars, including Jim Carrey and Tom Cruise, have had this treatment.
- You have multiple issues. If you have more than one smile flaw, and you want to avoid having more than one procedure, veneers are a great way to take care of everything at once.
- You want a stain resistant option. Since the porcelain intrinsically resists staining, you won’t deal with the same discoloration that can affect your natural teeth. You’ll be able to enjoy blueberries, coffee, and red wine with this cosmetic makeover.
So, what are you waiting for? Now that you know what veneers are and how they can benefit you, schedule your appointment today with Westside Dental Associates and get the smile you’ve been dreaming of!