There are a countless number of patients that are unhappy with their smiles. Unfortunately, this means that there are countless people that feel less than confident about themselves. Here at Westside Dental Associates, we have a well-known cosmetic dentist in West Los Angeles that has actually built a reputation as one of the best in this area. Dr. Les Latner is here to help you choose between your next smile improvements: porcelain veneers or dental crowns.
What are porcelain veneers?
Porcelain veneers are one of the most durable cosmetic dental restorations available on the market. They accomplish improving the appearance of your smile and function of your teeth all in one dental procedure. If you need to improve the length, shape, proportion, surface texture, or brightness of your teeth, consider these thin shells of dental porcelain as one of the best chances of fixing those flaws seamlessly.
- Veneers only require a minimal amount of your natural teeth to be shaved down, keeping most your natural teeth intact.
- If you have teeth that are resistant to whitening, porcelain veneers can make even the darkest teeth appear white again.
- Latner may also recommend veneers for minor overlapping issues or small gaps.
What are dental crowns?
Westside Dental Associates offers a great dental restoration option known as dental crowns. A dental crown is a restoration designed to completely cover an individual tooth or replace missing teeth with the help of dental implant posts. This process significantly improves your smile’s health, appearance, and position within the smile. There are several reasons Dr. Latner may recommend having a crown placed, including:
- Restoring a tooth that has undergone root canal therapy
- Restoring a dental implant
- Rebuilding the structure of a badly injured or fractured tooth
- Protecting a weak tooth from the threat of fracture
- Giving an unsightly tooth a beautiful makeover
- Restoring a large area of decay that’s too severe for a filling
Which is better for me?
When you think of cosmetic dentistry, both porcelain veneers allow Dr. Latner to rebuild teeth in the most natural way possible. Both accomplish:
- Masking discolorations throughout your smile.
- Straightening teeth.
- Filling spaces in your smile.
Ultimately though, the decision is up to you. During a scheduled consultation at our West Los Angeles office, you can discuss your smile goals and aspirations with our highly-skilled dentist. This is the perfect time to be honest with Dr. Latner about what you like and what you don’t like about your smile. This way, our award-winning dentist can develop a customized cosmetic dental plan for you.
Contact Westside Dental Associates
We’re fortunate to have a team of professionals that are experienced in all fields of dentistry, especially cosmetics. If you’re unsure which dental treatment to choose, you’ve made at least one excellent choice: consulting our Westside Dental Associates team for advice. Call us today!