Articles & Links
Dr. Latner's Patient Education
We are convinced that the better you understand your own dental health, the better you will be at maintaining it and the better dental health decisions you will be able to make. Below are various topics of short, helpful essays regarding treatments, procedures, and general oral health for your education! If you need more information, please let us know.
FDA-approved Invisalign is the “invisible” way to straighten your teeth without wearing conventional metal braces. Learn more about Invisalign.
When people lose permanent teeth due to accident, injury, disease or extraction, dental implants can be a secure, functional replacement option. Learn more about Dental Implants.
Porcelain veneers can often provide people who have chipped, stained, discolored, unevenly spaced, or even slightly crooked front teeth with a completely new-looking smile in just a few simple appointments. Learn more about Porcelain Veneers.
The Zoom! In-Office Whitening System is a revolutionary teeth whitening procedure. It's safe, effective and fast - very fast. Learn more about Zoom Whitening.
Onlays and Inlays
These restorations are strong, attractive and safe alternatives to metal fillings. Learn more about Onlays and Inlays.
If you’re self-conscious about your smile due to cracked, broken, decayed, or worn teeth, we can bring back your healthy, natural-looking smile with dental crowns. Learn more about Crowns.
Here are just a few of our favorite Web sites on the net today. We invite you to surf around and visit our choices; maybe one of them can inform you on a subject you have been curious about. Enjoy!
- Cosmetic dentistry information - Authoritative information about cosmetic dentistry.
- National Museum of Dentistry - Discover the wonders of interactive exhibits, historic artifacts, and engaging programs. The museum, an affiliate of the Smithsonian Institution, is a lively center where visitors learn the importance of a healthy smile.
- The Tooth Fairy - Dental hygiene tips, dental hygiene links, and the going price of a baby tooth.
- The Wisdom Tooth - Offers dental hygiene tips for adults, parents, and children.
- American Dental Association - The umbrella organization for dentists in America.
- Colgate - Learn more about Colgate products.
- American Academy of Periodontology - The American Academy of Periodontology (AAP) is a 7,800-member association of dental professionals specializing in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases affecting the gums and supporting structures of the teeth and in the placement and maintenance of dental implants.
- CAESY Patient Education for Dentistry - Supporting products (prints, brochures, albums, and tools for your practice’s Web site) combined with CAESY multimedia patient education (CAESY Enterprise, CAESY DVD, and Smile Channel DVD) help you create a comprehensive patient education program, raising both dental IQ and case acceptance.
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry - Dedicated to advancing the art and science of cosmetic dentistry and encouraging the highest standards of ethical conduct and responsible patient care among cosmetic dentists.
- Invisalign® - Invisalign® can give you the beautiful straight teeth you've always wanted by wearing a series of invisible, removable, and comfortable aligners. Invisalign has been proven effective and is widely available: More than 70% of orthodontists in the US and Canada are certified to treat with Invisalign.
- Zoom!™ Whitening - More information on the Zoom! Chairside Whitening System and the new Zoom! Take-Home Teeth Whitening System. This site will help you understand the outstanding results delivered by both Zoom! Systems – from 8 to 12 shades whiter!
- Arestin - Our office uses Arestin®, an antibiotic treatment for chronic periodontitis. You can read more about this product at its website.