Gum Recession Treatment – Los Angeles, CA
Stop Sensitivity and Protect Your Smile's Foundation
Gum recession can negatively impact your health as well as your appearance. Eroding gums leave your sensitive teeth exposed to harmful bacteria and plaque. These bacteria are the leading cause of periodontal disease, an infection that can slowly destroy your smile, robbing you of gum tissue, teeth, and even the bone that makes up your facial structure. Receding gums should be treated as soon as the source of the infection has been cleared away to prevent reoccurrence. If you have exposed tooth roots, schedule a consultation with Dr. Les Latner to find a treatment for receding gums in Los Angeles, CA.
Why Choose Westside Dental Associates for Gum Recession Treatment?
- Dental Insurance Welcome & Financing Available
- Soft Tissue Laser for More Comfortable Treatment
- Serving the Los Angeles Community for More Than 37 Years
Relief from Sensitive Teeth with Treatment for Receding Gums
Gum recession can result in painful, sensitive teeth, making it difficult for you to enjoy hot or cold foods. Recession may also be accompanied by inflammation and discomfort. Exposed tooth roots and shifting teeth can eventually cause you to lose your teeth. Recession also increases your risk of developing periodontal disease, which has been linked to several serious conditions, such as heart disease, stroke, and certain types of cancer.
Treatments for Receding Gums and Sensitive Teeth
Repairing damage to the gum tissue is critical for safeguarding your comfort and oral health. Dr. Latner offers several treatment options to restore healthy gums, including:
- Gum grafting procedures: Donor tissue is collected from the roof of your mouth and transferred to the treatment site.
- Gum surgery: When infection is present, surgery can remove bacteria and repair the resulting damage, restoring tissue to healthier levels.