Before you get swept away by the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, take a few moments to think about your teeth. The habits we pick up this time of year can be especially harmful to our teeth. Holiday foods are typically rich in sugar and carbohydrates. And with all of the preparations and extra responsibilities to take on, many of us begin to skimp on our oral hygiene routines. You can protect your teeth and combat decay by adopting your West LA dentist healthy teeth strategies and then making an appointment with Dr. Latner at Westside Dental Associates today. Dr. Latner wants to help you and your family maintain your healthy teeth and gums with dental sealants and fluoride treatments over the holidays. Your West LA dentist serves families throughout West Los Angeles and nearby areas including Brentwood, Santa Monica, Venice, Beverly Hills, Marina Del Rey, Rancho Park and Mar Vista.
West LA Dentist: 5 Tips for a Healthy Holiday Season
- Stick with Big Meals- Avoid snacking and stick with a few big meals. This decreases the amount of time that your teeth and gums are exposed to sugary residue.
- Chew Sugar Free Gum- Sugar free gum contains the ingredient Xylitol, which can help fight cavities and reduce tarter build up.
- Do More Dairy- Drinking low fat milk can help wash away harmful sugar and bacteria. Also, chewing and eating a piece of cheese after consuming a sugary snack can increase saliva and fortify your teeth with needed calcium and vitamin D.
- Use a Straw- If you enjoy beverages like sodas and fruit juices over the holidays, try drinking them with a straw to reduce the amount of sugar that’s exposed to your teeth.
- Seek help to relieve stress- The holidays can be stressful for many people. This stress can cause some to clench or grind their teeth at night. You can visit your 90064 dentist for a night guard or dental appliance to protect your teeth during high stress periods.
West LA Holiday Dental Appointments
You don’t want to start out the New Year with a toothache or bleeding gums. Dr. Latner offers preventive dental care checkups and cleanings to protect you and your family this season. Make an appointment with Dr. Latner , your West LA dentist today. Westside Dental Associates serves families throughout West Los Angeles and surrounding communities including Brentwood, Santa Monica, Venice, Beverly Hills, Marina Del Rey, Rancho Park and Mar Vista.