It’s that time of year again. Halloween is upon us, and if you have kids at home, you could soon be fighting off waves of sugar-induced energy and excitement. While you want your kids to enjoy the holiday, you may have concerns about how Halloween affects their dental health. Consider our advice and then make an appointment with Dr. Latner as Westside Dental Associates. Dr. Latner specializes in both adult and pediatric dental care. Dr. Latner helps families keep their healthy smiles year round throughout Los Angeles, CA, Brentwood, Santa Monica, Venice, Beverly Hills, Marina del Rey, Rancho Park, Mar Vista and the surrounding communities.
Pediatric Dental Care: How to Fight Cavities on Halloween
- Treats to Avoid- You are the first line of defense for your kid’s dental care. Steer your children clear of especially sugary treats like gummy bears. They contain the equivalent of four teaspoons of pure sugar per serving. Also try to keep them from eating hard candies like gobstoppers. These candies take so long to dissolve that the extra long exposure to your child’s teeth can be damaging. Sticky candies like Starburst and Tootsie Rolls are particularly bad for teeth as well because they are not only sugary but starchy and can easily get stuck between teeth and in hard to reach places.
- Healthy Treat Ideas
- Dark Chocolate Covered Apples
- Veggie Skeleton
- Spiders on a Log ( Plastic Spiders and Peanut Butter on Celery Sticks)
- Pumpkin Dippers (Pumpkin Shaped Carrots on a Stick With Hummus)
- Pumpkin Cupcakes (Pumpkin Oat Muffins with Cream Cheese Icing)
- White Chocolate Pretzel Webs
Pediatric Dental Care in Los Angeles, CA
There are many healthy substitutions for the sugary treats kids love at this time of year. You can make this Halloween, and every Halloween after, healthier by offering up fun and healthy snacks instead. Just remember that staying on top of your kid’s dental care also means making sure they see a dentist twice a year. Make an appointment with Dr. Latner as Westside Dental Associates. Dr. Latner can help you preserve your child’s good dental health. Westside Dental Associates serves families throughout West Los Angeles, CA, Brentwood, Santa Monica, Venice, Beverly Hills, Marina del Rey, Rancho Park, Mar Vista and the surrounding cities.