There’s a reason that there is so much buzz nowadays about the benefits of electronic toothbrushes. Electric toothbrushes are rechargeable and c oscillate, vibrate, rotate or use sonic technology to better clean your teeth. Electric toothbrushes also come with special modes for sensitive teeth, gum massage and whitening. Some may feature pressure sensors that let you know if you’re brushing too hard, or feature digital reminders to replace your brush head. You should try using an electronic toothbrush to experience the benefits. But remember it’s just as important to see a dentist regularly for deep cleanings to keep your teeth and gums as healthy as possible. Make an appointment with Dr. Latner at Westside Dental Associates today for you dental care needs. Westside Dental Associates serves kids and adults throughout West Los Angeles and surrounding areas including Brentwood, Santa Monica, Venice, Beverly Hills, Marina del Rey, Rancho Park and Mar Vista.
6 Dental Care Benefits of the Electronic Toothbrush
- Speed– The bristles of swirl rapidly over the teeth, brushing away more plaque and food particles and covering surfaces more effectively than manual brushing.
- Convenience- The brush does most of the work. Patients with medical conditions that affect their hands or wrists, such as missing or paralyzed fingers, carpal tunnel syndrome, arthritis, or similar conditions should opt for an electronic brush as eel.
- Deep Cleaning- The bristles move fast and clean deeply to reach all of the cracks, curves, and crevices that extract food particles and store harmful bacteria. The motion of the brush supplies the pressure and power needed to scrub away at any layers of plaque.
- Stain Removal- Smoking and the frequent consumption of drinks like coffee, tea and soda can cause discoloration and staining of the teeth. The extra scouring power of an electronic toothbrush can aid in removing these types of stains.
- Fresh Breath- Halitosis is caused by bacteria or plaque in the hidden recesses of the mouth. Electric brushes have the power to remove bacteria hidden far into the mouth, on top of and underneath the tongue and the back area of the mouth around the molars.
- Proven Results- Researchers have found that electronic toothbrush users actually experience an 11% reduction in plaque and a 6% reduction in gingivitis compared to manual brush users.
An electric toothbrush would be a great gift to give or receive this holiday season, but remember that there is no substitute for regular dental cleanings and check-ups to maintain your oral health. Make an appointment with Dr. Latner at Westside Dental Associates today for your next dental check-up or deep cleaning. Westside Dental Associates serves families throughout West Los Angeles and surrounding areas including Brentwood, Santa Monica, Venice, Beverly Hills, Marina del Rey, Rancho Park and Mar Vista.